Boston Logan International Airport
Ringing Up Revenues!
The millions of travelers and employees using Logan Airport each year translate into high volume retail traffic for the Airport’s shopping and dining venues. Here are some vital statistics about BOS and its strong base of likely buyers:
- More than 33 plus million passengers travel through BOS annually.
- It is the largest airport in the New England region and 17th busiest airport in the United States.
- The Airport has seen passenger growth in six consecutive years.
- Logan Airport provides service to 75 nonstop domestic destinations and 54 nonstop international destinations.
- Nearly 20,000 on-site airport employees are frequent shoppers at the Airport’s shops and restaurants.
- The major airlines are JetBlue Airways, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.
- Sales grossed over $212 million in 2016.
- 42.5% of passengers have a household income between $60,000 and $150,000.
- Approximately 93% of passengers arrive at the Airport more than an hour prior to departure time, making them likely patrons of shops and restaurants.
Boston’s vibrant neighborhoods, cultural assets, highly productive workers, innovative businesses and renowned hospitals and universities have spurred an era of rapid growth.
- Boston Metro Population: 4.7 million people, ranks in the top 10 in the country
- Home to 35 colleges, universities, and community colleges with over 150,000 students
- City of Boston population: 655,000
- Home to numerous Fortune 500 companies as well as tech startups
- GDP amounted to $396.55 billion in 2015
- Between 2010 and 2014, the population grew by six percent, twice the rate of the nation